24/03/2017 0 Comments
5 Signs Your Roof Needs To Be Repaired or Replaced
- Shingle Damage Your shingles will often tell you much about the health of your roof. If they’re curled, cracked or showing other signs of wear, repairs or even a full replacement may be needed. Similarly, if you start to notice that tiles are stripped of their granules—cleaning your gutters sometimes brings this problem to light—it may be evidence that you need to give some attention to your roof.
- Flashing is Starting to Give Way The seals on your roof around chimneys, vents and skylights are called flashing. If the flashing is worn, or there are cracks or breaks in it, water may ultimately penetrate through the seal and damage your home. Worn out flashing will need to be replaced in most cases, and the rest of your roof should be evaluated at this time.
- Sagging or Drooping A sagging roof signifies that the structural component of your roof is starting to wear out. Never ignore this indicator of roof damage, as your home and even your safety may be at risk. There are different reasons why a roof may sag, but regardless of what it is, all of them warrant an immediate call to a roofing expert.
- Moss, Fungus or Algae Vegetation is best left to your backyard! On your rooftop, it may indicate that moisture is trapped underneath the shingles. Growth can be scrubbed free with a brush and solution of bleach and water, but doing this may not resolve the deeper issue.
- Water Damage Does your ceiling leak every time it rains? Or maybe your roof gets ice dams in the winter? Perhaps your interior paint is peeling or dark spots are starting to appear in the corners of your home? These things are all signs of water damage to your roof, warranting a call to your roofing professionals as soon as possible.
Contact FineLines Roofing & Renovations Ltd. For Professional Roofing Service and Advice
Whether you decide to repair or replace your roof when it comes time to do so will be up to you, but always make sure to act sooner rather than later if you’ve noticed any of these signs. This will ensure the longevity of your home, and the comfort and safety of the people who live in it.
Contact FineLines Roofing & Renovations today for a free estimate on your next roof service, and trust our experienced professionals for your next roofing job in or around the Ottawa area!